Monday, May 16, 2011

Turkey Burger with OatBran Bun :)

Who said you can't have a bun during Dukan Diet's Attack Phase?! 


Lets just have a moment and sigh in the excellence of Oat Bran! The things you can do with 1.5tablespoons of this stuff! And its SOOO good for you! I have used it so far as a crepe (filled it with a fat free yogurt,cinnamon,fat free cream cheese mix), hamburger buns, cookies, and pancakes! SO YUM!

So what you are seeing is a turkey burger with a dip made of mustard, hot sauce, FF cream cheese, FF yogurt, and season salt, pepper, and garlic. soo good! Sorry the picture is so blah-I had to use my camera phone. I can't WAIT until protein-veggie days to add tomato and lettuce and spinach and such!

The bun was just the Dukan Diet pancake recipe. We seasoned it up for a 'savory' feel with garlic powder and pepper. Easily enough :) Also, we used a little cooking spray (NO OIL! And Honestly, people use much too much oil to cook with, it's surprising to see how little is actually needed!)

I am in love with this new lifestyle and I'm learning and exploring all these healthy choices with my eyes filled with excitement! I feel like such a nerd because I'm so into it :) Being a foodie has never been so great!

Until next time friends :) 

-BCherry 

4 comments: