Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's a new day!

How do you define yourself? How do others define you? Is there something inside you that you know is dying to come out?

Well...I am in the process of losing weight. <--can I express how much it actually took out of me to write those words?

For the longest time I felt as if they meant that I failed somewhere down the line. That I wasn't strong enough to never gain the weight. That I wasn't wise in my life choices.

In high school I was always a shy gal. I dont know why, but I was, and I was a bigger girl too. It never really bothered me until one day I was walking up the stairs to class and someone behind me said, "Holy Hippo." Um-Hi, I hate you.

Then I stopped and said to myself, "Who's to say that I can't start right now and change my life?" So, I did.

I went to college. I got rid of the shy thing and became a theatre major. And instead of the freshman 15, I lost over 60 lbs in my college life. By what you ask? Um, walking to class? Who knows really, I'm not a genius at this stuff, but it happened. Although I was madly in love with pilates. ANYWAY!

And then I graduated from college. And then I ended a relationship-and got into great shape! I was single and loving summer, working out each day, acting in shows and I was just happy! Yet, I graduated with a theatre degree, and if yall didn't already know-finding a theatre job wasn't the easiest thing.

Then out of nowhere I was offered a theatre job at a high school. I ran their Performing Arts Center and directed all of the students shows. I loved that part...but...hated working for a school district. I never wanted to be a teacher. I never wanted to deal with other teachers or answer to a principal. I never wanted to sit through those five hour teacher meetings where I felt like they talked about nothing.(OMG boringgggggg). But they gave me my own office and an assistant who was just like me and we just clicked! It sounded so great! I was just out of college and had my own office and assistant!? This rocked! Right?

Then the stress started. Along with that came the stress eating. I hated my job. College life was over. And I couldn't stand it. Yet, I had to stay at the job for a year and there was no getting out of it. A year of bad eating habits, of crying in my office with my assistant as we talked about how much we didn't like our job. A year of BLAH!

Then the year ended, and surprisingly I chose not to work there-or at any school-ever again. But the weird thing was, the extra weight decided to stick around. Stupid weight.

So I started my journey to losing the weight. One thing I'm not willing to do is diet. I mean seriously--within the word is DIE. And I don't care what anyone says, celery isn't good. So this is the place where I will make great strives to my goal weight, and not worry about the results as long as the journey is worth it. It's a lifestyle change. If I was able to change my life after I graduated high school then I know that I can do it now.

There will be bad food days, and there will be good food days.

For example:

Today's Lunch:
Instead of making a bad choice with lunch, I decided on a salad from a restaurant. I avoided the croutons because-lets be honest, it's a waste of calories. It's not like they actually make the salad taste better. I was doing great! Until I got home, opened the salad, and saw that they toss about a cup of cheese on it.

Fail. Time to work-out.

Keep Moving Forward I Guess :)

-BCherry

No comments:

Post a Comment